NEBRASKA’S PARTICIATION WITH THE NATIONAL MODEL BEGAN IN 2005 WITH THE NEBRASKA STATE PATROL’S CARRIER ENFORCEMENT DIVISION AND HAS EXPANDED TO THE ENTIRE AGENCY INCLUDING TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT TROOPERS, INVESITGATORS AND COMMUNICATIONS USING TRACS, MACH, MACH CAD AND BOT. NEBRASKA STATE PATROL USES MACH CAD FOR NSP AND ALSO DISPATCHES FOR NEBRASKA GAME AND PARKS AND STATE FIRE MARSHALLS OFFICERS. OFFICERS ARE ABLE TO SELF-DISPATCH FOR TRAFFIC STOPS AND MOTORIST ASSIST CALLS FOR SERVICE. NSP HAS EXPANDED THE USE OF BOTH MACH AND TRACS TO LOCAL PARTNER AGENCIES INCLUDING POLICE, SHERIFF, TRIBAL AGENCIES AND FIRE/RESCUE DEPARTMENTS AS WELL AS THE NEBRASKA DEPT OF AGRICULTURE, NEBRASKA HUMANE SOCIETY, LINCOLN AND OMAHA AIRPORT AUTHORITIES, U.S. FISH AND WILDLIFE SERVICE AND BNSF RAILWAY POLICE.
NEBRASKA USES A CENTRALLY HOSTED SERVER ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL AGENCIES WHICH ALLOWS USERS ACCESS THROUGH WEB SERVICES. CURRENTLY THERE ARE 28 TRACS FORMS IN PRODUCTION AND SEVERAL AUTOMATICALLY TRANSMIT ON A REGULAR BASIS TO THE COURT SYSTEM AS WELL AS THE NIAC (Nebraska Information Analysis Center) AND NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. THE NEBRASKA CRIME COMMISSION COORDINATES ALL TRACS AGENCIES WHO SUBMIT ELECTRONIC CITATIONS TO THE NEBRASKA COURT SYSTEM.
NSP PARTNERED WITH NDOT TO CREATE AND IMPLEMENT A MMUCC 5 COMPLIANT CRASH FORM AND HAS OFFERED THIS FORM TO ALL NEBRASKA LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES. THIS REPLACES A WEBSITE SUBMISSION PROCESS PREVIOUSLY HOSTED BY NDOT.
- LEAD AGENCY FOR TRACS: Nebraska Crime Commission and Nebraska State Patrol
- LEAD AGENCY FOR MACH: Nebraska State Patrol
- PROGRAM SUPPORTED BY: NSP Internal Staff
- TRACS SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Over 150 Agencies use the TraCS Software with over 3,000 users statewide.
- MACH SOFTWARE DEPLOYMENT: Over 140 Agencies use the MACH Software with over 2,000 users statewide.
- FUTURE DEPLOYMENT PLANS: NSP is focused on expanding the use of TraCS and MACH across the agency and the state. NSP currently offers TraCS RMS to 12 local partner agencies and is in the process of bringing more agencies on-board. TraCS RMS adds additional forms and functionality including Case Management, Master Index and submitting NIBRS Group A and B reports.
- LAST UPDATED: 2023/09
Forms being used by Nebraska include:
- Traffic Citation (2019)
- Traffic Warning
- NDOT Crash Form, MMUCC 5th Edition
- Use of Force
- Pursuit Critique
- Non-Enforcement Contact
- Field Interview Card
- DMV Re-exam
- Livestock Out of Service
- Animal Destruction
- Tow Form
- Arrest Report
- Call for Service
- Civil Service
- Evidence/Property Form
- Incident Report
- NIBRS Report
- Vehicle Title Inspection
- Dyed Fuel
- Arrest Affidavit
- Commercial Vehicle Inspection
ADDITIONAL FORM DEVELOPMENT PLANS:
- Post-Crash Inspection Form (CMV)
- Warrant Clearance
- Drone Activity
The MACH system is an invaluable tool for interoperability between agencies. MACH users can view their partner agencies on the MACH Map and quickly coordinate responses and communicate during incidents.
Nebraska State Patrol uses the MACH CAD system and dispatches for NSP as well as Game and Parks and Fire Marshals.
IT Applications Lead Developer
for MACH and TraCS Programs
Business Analyst Coordinator
TraCS Program Manager
Business Analyst, MACH Program Manager